Welcome

Hi this is my blog, no idea where this is going but the starting point is my use of the Skycig e-cigarette, an attempt to give up smoking, though at this point I have no target for when I give up tobacco altogether and if/when I will stop using e-cigarettes

Monday, 30 April 2012

Goodbye Skycig?


OK confession, I had Sunday dinner not long ago and I REALLY need a cigarette.
Decided to catch up with the blog, instead of going to the shop and change the cartridge in the skycig, from the medium strength menthol, which I have been using for the last twenty four hours, to a full strength tobacco flavour.
Calming down a bit. Now that I have been puffing away on the stronger flavour, for a good 15 minutes, or so. 
Have to admit to being a wee bit worried about this, as I have ordered three packs of the vanilla flavour, to do me for the next fortnight.  I am not sure if it’s the tobacco flavour or the amount of nicotine, which seems to work better. I am sorry to bang on about this, but why do skycig only offer their medium strength cartomizers  (and why do they all spell it like that, seems very American to me). Clearly I would have liked a variety of the strongest ones they have and I do not believe I am alone in this. Well I have ordered the strong vanilla ones now so fingers crossed, I know you are all thinking, instead of sitting there worrying and boring us all with the minor complaints, why not, just order the **** (fill in whatever cuss word you thought of ;)) tobacco flavour? Well, I have good reason for that. Cigarettes taste and smell horrible. Those of us that smoke have acquired a taste for this foul smelling stuff and become immune to the smell.
I have carried on having the odd cigarette, while “vaping” (oh the jargon you learn while ploughing through ecig sites). Today I have had none, major victory there. Another major step forward was when I was out at William’s 21st (my nephew for those who don’t know) I went outside for a fag, stole one of William, had a couple of draws and thought “I don’t really want this”
Stubbed it out. Did smoke one when I got home though and had, had a couple during the day.
Rambling again, back to my point. The day I tried the vanilla flavour, felt quite a lot of craving for cigarettes but I think this was down to the strength of the cartridge.  When I did have a cigarette, however, it tasted quite bad. I am assuming, rightly or wrongly, that a couple of weeks of smoking something that actually tastes quite pleasant will result in me being as abhorred by the taste of cigarettes as your average non smoker. We will see, if I ever get the vanilla flavoured cartridges.

It's now Monday and something else is bothering me, my choice of the skycig. I did do a fair bit of research into electronic cigarettes prior to purchasing the skycig starter pack but in the end my choice came down to two factors: Initial cost and convenience. The initial cost was helped a great deal by the fact that I found a code which gave me £38 off (quit38, if anyone is interested).  The convenience came down to the fact that skycig starter pack comes with 2 batteries and a cigarette pack type thing to charge them in, meaning you can charge up while out and about, as long as the pack is charged. What I didn’t look into much was customer service. My fault, I know, but customer service and timely delivery of things we order over the internet is something we take for granted these days. Not in skycig’s case though.
Where do I start with these people, let’s forget the starter pack, after all any delay there just meant I put using them for a bit, so wasn’t that concerned. Now, however, I sit here typing with no nicotine available. Easiest way to solve this is to go buy cigarettes but I am determined not to do that. The local Morrison’s apparently has some compatible cartridges and I will be off there, first thing, to purchase some. How did I get into this predicament and was it my fault? I don’t think so, Skycig advertise on their website that, if you order before 2pm, they will dispatch your order the same day; I also pay for first class postage. Since Skycig are based in Scotland, I do not think it unreasonable to expect delivery the next day, or the following day at most. Hasn’t quite worked out that way, I placed an order Friday at 12:31, I have their confirmation email, time stamped, so I know this is correct. I get another email, Saturday at 11:31am, saying my order has been dispatched and giving a tracking number, to track the package on the Post Office site. I duly head over to the PO site input number and receive a message that they have no information on the package. Now the PO says this is because they haven’t received the package, which to me means it hasn’t been dispatched, four days after they promised it would be!!! Skycig, however disagrees, they claim they have dispatched it but it can take 48hours for the PO site to be updated. I have never heard so much manure in my life. We live in an age of instant information, whenever a package moves from one location to another it is scanned and the website is instantly updated, otherwise what would be the point?
Anyway I am sure you are fed up reading this by now, just one more wee moan afore I go, I would have had enough cartridges to do me till tomorrow but one of skycig’s cartridges was all but empty!!
Conclusion, need to keep going with electronic cigarettes but going to do a lot more research and change brands, will keep you all updated.

3 comments:

  1. I'm impressed and your determination to stick with it and hope your package arrives in the morning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did you get on with other brands John? Did you try any out?

    I have tried a fair few, including Skycig so let me know if you want any help!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can see from my latest updates that I did try other brands and have now bought a "mod". So far I have found it easier to use and more satisfying. I think this whole vaping thing is about finding out what is right for you but I would love to see some good, honest reviews of different brands as every reviewer on the net seems to want to sell you their brand

      Delete