Welcome

Hi this is my blog, no idea where this is going but the starting point is my use of the Skycig e-cigarette, an attempt to give up smoking, though at this point I have no target for when I give up tobacco altogether and if/when I will stop using e-cigarettes

Monday, 23 April 2012

Day 1

Well it arrived today, my neatly packaged e-cigarette, I must admit to having mixed feelings as I unwrapped the box and had a look at the contents. I had envisaged, using the e-cig to cut down, gradually, on my smoking, something I have to do financially and for the sake of my health - really bad cough almost every morning and late at night and some fits of coughing during the day, these are not signs of healthy lungs. I'm rambling already, the point I was trying to make was that I had thought, this will help me cut down a bit BUT people close to me seem to think this is a big attempt to give up altogether. It may be my fear of failure is preventing me from going along with this view and for now I am making no promises to myself or anyone else.

So to the box and it's contents:
        A Rechargeable Case containing 2 batteries on the right and 5 empty slots for cartridges on the left
2 Cigarette Batteries (1 is a spare)
5 Cartridges in assorted flavours (equivalent to more than 7 packs of traditional cigarettes)
A USB battery charger with a Mains Adaptor
A practical Travel Case to carry all your SKYCIG items
So first I have to charge up the case, small tip here, do not push the "spare" battery down into the case, had to use pliers to get it out after I did that.
I'm thinking well it will take a while, probably start this tomorrow, cue coffee and cigarette after I have plumed in the charger, cue coughing my lungs out as a reminder of why I need to do this. Good news is it only took about 30 minutes for the blue light on the charger to go out, indicating that case was fully charged, so now I have to screw in the battery, less than a minute before the indicator light is flashing indicating that it is charged. I assume the batteries must have been charged before, now assuming I have a pack that has been returned.
Never mind, all charged and ready to go, but first a wee cheeky roll up. Right that smoked, no real need for the e-cig now but i'm going to try it anyway.

Ok now end of day and how has it gone, well ok really, went through 4 batteries, don't know if this is usual but it was just a case of charging one, in the case, while using the other, case is still charged and I will put that on to recharge overnight. Have to admit to having had 3 roll ups today but that is a huge reduction on my usual intake and I am not feeling any cravings just now as I "puff" away on the e-cig

So here is hoping for a healthier, cleaner, fresher smelling future

1 comment:

  1. I for one and really happy that you are trying to cut back and will support you in any possible way ;) xoxo No pressure and no nagging xoxo

    ReplyDelete