Welcome

Hi this is my blog, no idea where this is going but the starting point is my use of the Skycig e-cigarette, an attempt to give up smoking, though at this point I have no target for when I give up tobacco altogether and if/when I will stop using e-cigarettes

Wednesday, 2 May 2012

Hello Liberro


Ok, today I am a happy bunny, just thought I would start of like that as it’s been a bit of good news bad news day.
Well let’s get skycig out the way first, because you know I’m going to have a good moan don’t you? Who am I to disappoint you? Last time I updated, I was waiting, impatiently, for my order to appear on the Post Office’s tracking service. It duly appeared yesterday evening at the Edinburgh sorting office, local to skycig; shortly after midnight it was in Glasgow and arrived at Paisley delivery office before eight, this morning. This afternoon a nice man delivered it to my door, I signed for it and logged into the PO tracking service and, yes you guessed it, there it was, notification of delivery, minutes after I had signed. NOT 48hrs because, I reiterate, what would be the point of a tracking system that did not update for 48 hours? I’m not finished with skycig yet though, I was more than ready for this delivery and had a battery all charged up. I put the other battery in to charge and eagerly opened the package; attached a new cartridge to the battery and, oh I have been waiting for this, long draw, on the ecig.... nothing, nada..... harder.... nope, soon I’m sucking on this cigarette like I am trying to sook  up the dregs of an extremely thick milk shake, the LED light, lights briefly and there is a wisp of vapour, but to say it is disappointing would be a huge understatement. I decide it is a dodgy cartridge and try another, same thing. I do my best Victor Meldrew impersonation, even though there is no one to hear my incredulous exclamations. I would phone skycig’s customer services but, surprise, they don’t have a phone number. I decide to try the other battery before sending them an angry email. Lo and behold it works, but doesn’t last long as it is not fully charged. I’m putting it back on to charge, when another parcel arrives, oh, I haven’t told you about that have I?
Well let’s go back a bit, just after my last update I, as you know, was feeling slightly frustrated by skycig. I had already found other companies on the internet who were cheaper and seemed to offer a better customer service. My problem was though, that I had invested in the skycig starter kit and was unsure whether the cartridges from these other suppliers would fit.  I tried to research this but every site I went to seemed to contradict the previous one. So my choices seemed to come down to: Get another starter kit; order some cartridges from another supplier and hope they are compatible or stick with skycig. I am, as a lot of you know, not the most decisive person, so I was quite prepared to leave a decision for a couple of weeks. That was until I came across the Liberro website with a special offer that ended that day. Actually the offer had already ended as it was 1am and technically the offer ended at midnight. I thought I would chance my arm though and went ahead and ordered a new starter kit, with free 30ml of liquid, which I can use to refill the cartridges. All the websites/forums that I had visited advised that this was the cheapest way to enjoy vaping (techno speak for smoking e-cigarettes). They also advised that one should get used to vaping before going down this road but hey, what can go wrong..... Famous last words ;-)
So there I was a full 108 hours (four and a half days) after ordering from skycig, making another order and they arrive within an hour or so of each other. 1:0 to Liberro, I’d say and with a free bottle of liquid and refillable cartridges 2:0 maybe even 3:0, whatever, it’s pretty much game over for skycig before I even have the Liberro out of the box.
Initial impressions are important though and the Liberro doesn’t disappoint. First of all it is slightly smaller than the skycig, feels more natural. Taste is something skycig make a big thing of, closest thing to a real cigarette they tell you. Wrong. Liberro wins that one hands down, although I’m not sure if that’s a good thing as I want to wean myself of the taste of tobacco. Also, having gone back onto the Liberro site, I find that the flavour they sent me is very popular with roll up smokers, which might explain why I think it tastes more genuine. Throat hit is another thing all the electronic cigarette advertising goes on about and I have to say it’s another area where Liberro beats skycig, hands down. Finally and probably most importantly, Liberro is not just taking the edge of, it is satisfying my cravings, although I will admit this could be down to me not having had a cigarette in a while and getting used to the e-cigs in general. 

No comments:

Post a Comment