Welcome

Hi this is my blog, no idea where this is going but the starting point is my use of the Skycig e-cigarette, an attempt to give up smoking, though at this point I have no target for when I give up tobacco altogether and if/when I will stop using e-cigarettes

Friday, 4 May 2012

Less moaning from e-cig land


So here we are again and my good friend, Grace Perechinsky, tells me that I need to talk more about giving up smoking and less moaning about ecig companies, so here goes

Well , I’m approaching the end of my second week of my electronic cigarette experiment and it has gone a lot better than expected. I immediately cut down to about four or five roll ups a day, I’m quite impressed with that, since my usual was about 30 a day. By my fifth day I had cut it down to just the 2 and on the 6th and 7th I had none at all, but on the 8th day (cue Hazel O’Conner song) I had that little hiccough with supplies. I have to admit that a few cigarettes were smoked that day, sorry but needs must and I am, after all, still a nicotine addict. The next day, however, I knew there was at least one parcel, full of supplies, making its way to my door and I did not rush out to the shop to purchase more cigarettes. Instead, I waited, rather impatiently for my cartridges and, as it turned out, a whole new starter kit. 

I probably felt less temptation to have a cigarette, that morning, than any other morning before or since. Mornings are the most difficult, maybe that’s because my nicotine levels fall throughout the night or maybe it’s because, for me, that first cigarette of the day, along with my first coffee of the day, was the most enjoyable. Why though, on that Wednesday morning, with no nicotine at all, was I not climbing the walls? I’m not claiming to have been a picture of serenity, my sister paid a visit that morning and I am sure she will bear testament to my rather impatient demeanour that morning, but it was not a clamouring for cigarettes, rather a craving for nicotine. Is there something in me that craves what I can’t have, is that why I wake most mornings craving the cigarettes that aren’t there and thinking I have to put up with the poor substitute, whereas on the morning in question, I could easily have nipped to the shop and acquired some tobacco. I suppose better minds than mine have wrestled with such questions and in the end I’m just fairly satisfied that I did not smoke that day, nor have I smoked since.

There are other times during the day when I feel a yearning for a cigarette surge up inside me but there seems no rhyme or reason to these times. There is, of course, the clichéd after dinner cigarette, but I have found myself reaching for the vanilla flavoured variety at this point. It’s a bit like having your pudding and cigarette at the same time, bonus there. I have a few flavours on order and I can’t wait, I’m now thinking that I could have different flavours throughout the day, maybe a cheeky wee espresso, first thing, will help me over that morning hurdle. I could have afternoon vanilla and, after dinner switch to cherry for dessert. Late night has to be reserved for chocolate, or perhaps orange or mint, to compliment a wee hot chocolate drink. Possibilities are endless and definitely beat smelly old cigarettes any day.



Wee picture of me with electronic cigarette

Just one wee moan about skycig afore I go though, sent them an email, telling them that one of the batteries had failed, they sent me one back suggesting that I hadn’t read the instructions properly. Customer service at its best! What else can you expect from skycig though? I have waited 24hrs, in order to calm down a wee bit and I am off now to reply to them in a calm and courteous manner.

No comments:

Post a Comment