Welcome

Hi this is my blog, no idea where this is going but the starting point is my use of the Skycig e-cigarette, an attempt to give up smoking, though at this point I have no target for when I give up tobacco altogether and if/when I will stop using e-cigarettes

Monday, 30 July 2012

Olympian Tank




Well all is going well with the gripper mod, first of all I have a couple of new batteries, only had one before and this meant the power was getting a bit low in the evenings. Now with 3 it’s full power all the time and I am fairly whizzing through different flavours of e-liquid. Dropped all the tobacco flavoured ones though, also more and more sticking to fruit flavours. Ordered more of the ubiquitous RY4 though as this was the flavour that I took on holiday, I liked the flavour but as I mentioned previously, the high nicotine content made me feel quite ill, so lower nicotine content on the one I have ordered.
Last time I updated this, I was contemplating several different mods. I felt that I would have a much better vaping experience with a variable voltage mod, such as the lava tube or with a tank system, perhaps even both. At the time I was under the impression that I couldn’t get something like the puff daddy or Olympian tanks to fit the gripper mod. Until, that is, I came across a site selling an extension to the gripper mod, this is a great wee bit of kit. Basically I had to buy a certain kind of cartomiser for this mod as it has to fit inside, the extension fits into the gripper and has another 510 connection which sits on top of the mod, I am not explaining this very well am I? Well here is a picture.




This is the gripper with the extension and an Olympian tank on top.  This does make it bulkier and less able to fit in your pocket but have been using it with the tank in the house and putting in the usual cartomisers when I am out and about.
I have to say I am really pleased with this; it’s so much easier and more satisfying vaping with the tank system. Easier because instead of dripping liquid into the cartomiser every five minutes, I just fill the red tank thing you see there, the liquid is then drawn into the cartomiser as it needs it. This means I’m not drip feeding it and it has just the right amount of liquid in it all the time. The drip feeding and getting the level of liquid right has been a learning curve, too little and you get a horrible burnt taste in your mouth, too much and you run the risk of sooking  up some of the liquid (not good!!). More satisfying, well you have that liquid balance right and the flavour is awesome.
I mentioned ecigwizard in my last post and although this is not where I got the extension from, I thought I would give them another wee mention as I am developing a bit of brand loyalty. I am going to recommend them because: they helped get my batteries sorted out very quickly; their orders to dispatch times are excellent (I have received some orders the day after I placed the order, can’t say fairer than that); they have great community involvement, check out their Facebook, frequently updated with new stock and special offers along with competitions (fun and maybe one day I’ll actually win something lol
Well that’s about all for now, will post a flavour/liquid review soon, looking into making my own as I am desperate for an Irn Bru flavour and I have a wee idea of how I might be able to do that.
I’m also still interested in the whole variable voltage thing so may purchase another mod soon, will let you know how that goes.

1 comment:

  1. Big fan of the olympian tank was using that exact model for about 6 months, then tried the Aspire Atlantis and it is a lot better for me, if not one of the best I have used!!

    ReplyDelete